- (10 lbs) Italian Sausage
- (3) Green Peppers (Diced)
- (3) Red Peppers (Diced)
- (3) Onions (Diced)
- (6 - 8 Tbsp) Minced Garlic
- (1 (6 lbs)) Canned Diced Tomatoes
- (1 (6 Lbs)) Canned Tomato Sauce
- (6 Tbsp) Chili Powder
- (1 Tbsp) Parsley
- (1 Tbsp) Sweet Basil
- (6 - 12 Cans) Canned Pinto Beans (in Sauce)
- Thaw your Italian Sausage ahead of time.
- In a large skillet over medium to medium/low heat, brown the Italian Sausage. When the sausage is about halfway done, add in the fresh peppers and onions.
- Once the sausage is cooked, and the onions are browned and slightly translucent, make clear a hole in the middle of your pan by banking your meat and veggies against the sides.
- Add the garlic and allow it to brown.
- Once the garlic is browned, transfer everything to a large roaster or stew pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Allow to simmer on low for 4+ hours. Refrigerate over night for best results, then reheat in roaster or stew pot.
This recipe goes great with Corn Bread!