- (1-1/4 Cup) All Purpose Flour (OR Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour)
- (3/4 Cup) Corn Meal
- (1/4 Cup) Raw Cane Sugar
- (2 tsp) Baking Powder
- (1/2 tsp) Salt
- (3/4 Cup) Whole Milk
- (1/4 Cup) Sour Cream
- (2 Count) Dozen Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Grease 8 or 9 inch pan
- Combine dry ingredients
- Stir in Milk, sour cream and eggs until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and slightly cracked.
- For best results, serve warm.
Try this recipe with Dan's Chili for 40 recipe! Best served with real butter, and your favorite local honey.
For muffins: Pour batter into into greased or paper lined muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Gluten-Free Option: The best flour blend for this recipe that I have found is the Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free flour. It gets the right rise and the texture is great.