- (2 Cups) Homemade Chicken Broth
- (1/4 tsp) Ground Ginger
- (1 tsp) Ground Tumeric
- (1 Tbsp) Soy Sauce (Gluten-Free Tamari or other)
- (2) Pasture Raised Eggs - Whisked
The key to this recipe is the homemade broth - Click here for our homemade broth recipe. The amino acids found in bone broth, including glycine and arginine, have strong anti-inflammatory effects. Arginine, in particular, may be especially beneficial for fighting chronic inflammation. It's also higher in fat and naturally occurring anti-inflammatory nutrients like Omega-3's. Not only is bone broth easy to digest, but it may also aid in the digestion of other foods which is great news for those of us who are affected by chronic GI disorders. Learn more on Healthline
- Thaw out 2 cups of homemade chicken broth. (You can also use beef, pork, or turkey broth!)
- Add in Tumeric, Ginger, Soy Sauce, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Crack two pasture raised eggs in a bowl and whisk until uniform.
- Once broth is boiling, steadily pour in the whisked egg while slowly stirring the broth.
- Remove the egg drop soup from direct heat.
- Serve while hot.
If I am down with a migraine, or having a celiac flare, I usually have this with rice crackers. The salt helps me drink more fluids and adds a satisfying crunch to my day.