- Thaw liver - Pro-Tip: When liver is partially thawed, double check to see if it has been cut into strips 1/4" thick strips. Most of our liver has been pre-cut for your convenience BUT if it has not, cut your partially thawed liver into 1/4" strips.
- Once liver has been thawed, remove from packaging place in a bowl and pour whole milk over the liver until it is covered. Allow to soak for 2-3 hours.
- After the liver has been soaking for 2 hours, it's time to caramelize your onions!
- Cut your sweet onion into thin slices, melt butter over low heat. Once your butter begins to sizzle add the sliced onion and minced garlic. Cook until garlic is golden brown and onions are glossy.
- In a separate bowl add 1 cup flour, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Remove carmellized onions from pan set aside.
- Add 2 - 3 tbsp more butter to the pan to melt.
- Remove liver strips from milk and lay on a paper towel - pat dry.
- Put strips of liver into flour and coat generously. Gently place liver in melted butter to fry. (2-3 minutes on both sides should do the trick)
- Place on plate with clean paper towels to drain.
My favorite side for this dish has quickly become Au Gratin Potatoes or Butter Biscuits.