- (1 Package (4 breasts)) Boneless Skinless Breasts (4 pk)
- (2) Shallot
- (2) Persian Cucumber (regular works too)
- (1/4 oz) Dill
- (8 oz) Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- (1) Lemon
- (2 teaspoons) Za'atar Spice
- (1 Cup) Feta Cheese
- (4 Tablespoons) Sour Cream
- (2 Cups) Israeli Couscous
- (On the side) Hummus
- Olive Oil
Here are all the different components of this dish separately in case you only want the chicken.
1) Cook the Couscous according to the package
2)For the Cucumber salad-
- Combine 1 thinly sliced shallot, quartered tomatoes, diced cucumber, juice from half of a lemon, drizzle of olive oil and 2 Tbsp fresh dill. (If using dried dill, use less to taste). Mix together and season with salt and pepper
3)For the Feta Sauce for the chicken-
- Bring feta to room temp or stick in the microwave for a few seconds. Combine feta with the sour cream and lemon zest to taste. Mash together with a fork. Add water 1 tsp at a time until it is a drizzling consistency. The sauce won't be smooth due to the feta.
4)For the Chicken-
- Pound out the chicken breasts so the thickness is even, and pat dry. Season all over with the Za'atar spice and salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan on the stove. Cook chicken until browned and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness.
- Remove from pan and slice the chicken once cool enough to handle
To serve - Place the couscous on a plate with the chicken and cucumber salad. Drizzle the feta sauce all over the chicken (and rest if you want!). Serve with a dollop of hummus on the side to dip the chicken in.