- (1) Whole Chicken
- (1-2 tsp) Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- (1 1/ tbsp) Herbes de Provence
- (1 Tbsp) Lemon Juice (optional)
- Thaw chicken and pat dry. For quicker roasting time, spatchcock the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack in a baking sheet with sides with the breasts up.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the chicken, then salt and pepper. Sprinkle the Herbes de Provence last.
- Once your oven is to temp, place the chicken in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, rotate the chicken and turn down the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast until the internal temp of chicken reaches a safe temp.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
I usually turn the leftovers into Alfredo, Stir fry, or chicken soup/salad! Save back the bones to make your own broth!