- (1 lb) Italian Sausage
- (1 minced) Onion
- (6, minced) Garlic Cloves
- (1 Quart) Chicken Stock
- (14oz) Crushed Tomatoes
- (2 Tablespoons) Tomato Paste
- (1 bunch, stems removed) Kale
- (10 oz) Fresh Tortellini
- (1 cup) Heavy Cream or Milk (optional)
- (For serving) Parmesan Cheese
- (1/4 teaspoon) Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Add sausage, onions and garlic to large soup pot and saute until the onions are translucent (approx. 5 minutes)
- Add the stock, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Whisk until the paste is incorporated
- Bring to a boil, add a pinch of salt and then simmer for 15 minutes
- 5 minutes before serving add the kale, tortellini and heavy cream/milk. Cook 3-5 minutes until tortellini is warmed through and kale is wilting.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.