This quick recipe is paleo, but I listed the alternative ingredients in parenthesis if you don't have all of them! We have made this with both light and dark meat.
- (or Breasts/Tenders ~2lbs) Chicken Thighs
- (4 Tablespoons) Coconut Oil (or olive oil)
- (3 Tablespoons) Arrowroot Starch (or cornstarch)
- (3 cut into strips) Assorted Bell Peppers
- (1 cut into strips/thick chunks) Onion
- (1/2 cup) Coconut Aminos (or balsamic vinegar or soy sauce)
- (2 Tablespoons) Coconut Vinegar (or white vinegar)
- (1 teaspoon) Garlic
- (1/2 teaspoon) Ground Ginger
- (1/3 cup) Honey (or sugar or maple syrup)
- (1/4 teaspoon) Red Pepper Flakes
- (1/2 teaspoon) Salt
- (1 cup) Cashews
- (for garnish) Green Onion
- Cauliflower Rice (or Rice)
- Heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Toss the chicken in a bowl with the arrowroot (or cornstarch) until chicken is coated. Add the chicken to the pan and saute until the chicken is golden on both sides
- Remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl. Add the remaining oil to the hot pan.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes until onion is translucent and the peppers have softened. Add the chicken back in with the vegetables.
- While the peppers are cooking, in a mixing bowl whisk together the coconut aminos (soy sauce), vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey, red pepper and salt.
- Pour the sauce in the pan and toss with the chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the cashews and 3/4 of the green onions.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle the remaining green onions on the top.