Galettes (pronounced guh-lettes) are a favorite on the farm. Make once and have breakfast for days. One recipe makes roughly 6-8 galettes.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Servings: 6-8 Galettes
- (2 1/2 cups Strawberries) Strawberries
- (2 cups) Chopped Rhubarb
- (1 Tbsp) Cornstarch
- (1/2 tsp) Vanilla extract
- (1/4 Cup) Sugar
- (1) Egg - whisked
- Make one batch of Vodka Pie Crust, put in fridge to chill.
- Mix strawberries, rhubarb, cornstarch, vanilla and sugar together in bowl. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Pull pie crust from fridge, split evenly into 6-8 pieces.
- Roll out one piece at a time, into disks. Spoon 3-4 spoonfuls of filling into the small disk then fold up the sides. Leave a small opening in the center. Place on lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all pie crust dough has been used.
- Whisk one whole egg in a bowl then brush outside of galettes with whisked eggs, then sprinkle a little sugar on the outside.
- Bake for 40 minutes - rotate at 20 minutes. If the outsides start to brown too much, cover with aluminum foil for the remainder of the baking period.