Galettes (pronounced guh-lettes) are a favorite on the farm. Make once and have breakfast for days. One recipe makes roughly 6-8 galettes.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Servings: 6-8 Galettes
- (2 1/2 cups Strawberries) Strawberries
- (2 cups) Chopped Rhubarb
- (1 Tbsp) Cornstarch
- (1/2 tsp) Vanilla extract
- (1/4 Cup) Sugar
- (1) Egg - whisked
- Make one batch of Vodka Pie Crust, put in fridge to chill.
- Mix strawberries, rhubarb, cornstarch, vanilla and sugar together in bowl. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Pull pie crust from fridge, split evenly into 6-8 pieces.
- Roll out one piece at a time, into disks. Spoon 3-4 spoonfuls of filling into the small disk then fold up the sides. Leave a small opening in the center. Place on lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all pie crust dough has been used.
- Whisk one whole egg in a bowl then brush outside of galettes with whisked eggs, then sprinkle a little sugar on the outside.
- Bake for 40 minutes - rotate at 20 minutes. If the outsides start to brown too much, cover with aluminum foil for the remainder of the baking period.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!