Looking for something low and slow? Sometimes traditional chili is a bit heavy handed even for the coldest nights in winter - White Chicken Chili is a fantastic alternative that is enjoyable year round! This recipe can be made in the crock pot or pressure cooker!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Hours
Servings: 6 adults
- (1 package) Boneless Skinless Breasts (2 pk)
- (1) Yellow Onion (Diced)
- (3-4) Cloves of Garlic
- ((2) 15 oz) cans Great Northern Beans
- ((1) 4 oz) Canned Diced Chiles
- ((1) 15 oz Can) Whole Kernel Corn (Drained)
- (24 oz) Chicken Broth
- (2 tsp) Salt
- (1/2 Tbsp) Cumin
- (1 Tbsp) Oregano
- (1 Tbsp) Chili Powder
- (1/2 tsp) Cayenne Pepper
- (6 oz) Cream Cheese
- (1/4 Cup) Heavy Cream
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth, and cilantro. Stir.
- Cover your crockpot and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours. If using an pressure cooker, use the soup setting/instructions.
- Remove chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred, then move back to crockpot.
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream, stir in and cook on high for 15 minutes or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
- Stir well and serve with desired toppings.