Another perfect meal for tonight + one to freeze for later! This one makes 2 2-quart baking dishes. We usually divide it between 3 pans for 2-3 servings each. Great for leftover chicken or shredded quarters.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 8 adults
- (2-3 cups shredded chicken) 1/4 Chicken
- (6 Tbs) Butter
- (1 lb) Penne
- (1 tsp) Olive Oil
- (1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs) Flour
- (4 minced or 4 tsp) Garlic Cloves
- (6 cups) Milk
- (1 container thinly sliced) Mushrooms
- (1/2 drained and sliced) Sun-Dried tomatoes - oil packed
- (1.5 cups) Shredded Provolone
- (1 cup) Grated Parmesan
- (to taste) Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400* and butter two baking dishes.
- Cook pasta three minutes short of al dente
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter. Add flour and garlic whisking constantly for 1 minute. While whisking gradually add the milk and bring to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add the provolone and 1/2 of the Parmesan.
- Add the chicken and pasta to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture between the two baking dishes and top with the rest of the Parmesan.
- Cover the dish you're going to freeze with foil and label!
To cook fresh - Bake uncovered at 400* until top is golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
To cook from frozen - Bake COVERED on a baking sheet about 1.5 hours. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more until the top is golden.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!