- Place tongue, 2-3 cloves of garlic, 2 bay leaves and 1/2 an onion (diced) in a crockpot.
- Cover with water and set to low. Cook for 8 hours.
- At the end of the 8 hours, pull from the crockpot, peel the skin off and dice the tongue into bite sized chunks.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, then add the beef chunks to the pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Served with taco shells, chopped onions, cilantro, tomatoes and lime wedges. Goes really well with cilantro lime rice!