I can't get enough of the Swedish Meatballs every time we take that full day adventure out to IKEA. Last time we were there I picked up some of the lingonberry jam, so I just HAD to find a recipe to try to make the meatballs.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 8 adults
To make the Meatballs-
- Place the Bread and Milk in the bowl of a stand mixer and let the bread sit and absorb the milk for about 5 minutes
- Heat 1 TBs of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the onion, beef, pork, egg yolks, allspice, nutmeg, salt and pepper to the bread in the stand mixer, and beat until well combined. Approx 1-2 minutes
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 TBs sized balls, roll between your palms to smooth
- Heat the remaining butter in the frying pan and add about half the meatballs and fry, turning occasionally until browned on all sides. Transfer to a dish and repeat with remaining meatballs
- Turn the heat to low and add flour to the drippings. Whisk together and then add the beef stock whisking constantly. Cook and whisk until the mixture thickens and is lump free, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Return the meatballs to the sauce and simmer until meatballs are fully cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.