This hearty recipe is a year round favorite for its hearty taste and texture. It takes as little as 10 minutes to throw together and left overs usually don't stick around long.
- (1) Smoked Ham Shank/Ends
- (1 can (15.5 oz)) Pinto Beans
- (1 can (15 oz)) Kidney Beans
- (1) White Onion (diced)
- (4 - 5 Cloves) Garlic (Minced)
- (1 Cup) Frozen Sweet Corn
- (2 Tbsp) Bacon Grease OR Olive Oil
- (5) Baby Red Potatoes (Diced)
- (4 cups) Vegtable or Pork broth
- (1 1/2 tsp) Thyme
- (1 tsp) Paprika
- (3/4 tsp) Black Pepper
This recipe can be done low and slow in an crockpot, however, this is usually one of the recipes we whip out when we're short on time and a little hangry.
- Thaw out Ham Shank/Ends in hot water
- Plug in InstantPot, put bacon grease or olive oil in the bottom of the pan and push the "Simmer/Sautee" button.
- Peel and dice the white onion and throw in the bottom of the pot.
- Peel and mince Garlic cloves. Add to the pot.
- Add corn to pot.
- Stir onions and garlic intermittently until brown. I try to cook the onions, garlic, and corn until slightly brown to almost burned - "Well Done" maybe...
- Pour in Vegetable Stock OR Pork Broth
- Dice potatoes into bite size chunks and add to pot.
- Open beans, pour into colander and rinse then add to pot.
- Add Thyme, Paprika, and Black Pepper. Stir thoroughly.
- Remove Ham Shanks from package, cut into bite size pieces, and add meat AND bones to the soup.
- Stir thoroughly once more, then replace lid on InstantPot, put your pressure valve on "Airtight" and push the "Soup/Stew" button making sure to follow any other brand specific user instructions... because safety...
- Once it beeps, dive right on in!
Let us know how it goes by tagging us on Facebook or Instagram, @walkerfarmsMN!