Do you need to feed the masses? Whether you're hosting a football party, or prepping a few month's worth of meals, you can always count on this recipe to go the distance! This recipe was created by Anneliese's father, the great Daniel T. It's simple, filling and only gets better with time. Pro-Tip: For more intense flavor, make your Chili the day before your event so it has time for all the flavors to deepen and meld.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours
Servings: 40 adults
- (10 lbs) Italian Sausage
- (3) Green Peppers (Diced)
- (3) Red Peppers (Diced)
- (3) Onions (Diced)
- (6 - 8 Tbsp) Minced Garlic
- (1 (6 lbs)) Canned Diced Tomatoes
- (1 (6 Lbs)) Canned Tomato Sauce
- (6 Tbsp) Chili Powder
- (1 Tbsp) Parsley
- (1 Tbsp) Sweet Basil
- (6 - 12 Cans) Canned Pinto Beans (in Sauce)
- Thaw your Italian Sausage ahead of time.
- In a large skillet over medium to medium/low heat, brown the Italian Sausage. When the sausage is about halfway done, add in the fresh peppers and onions.
- Once the sausage is cooked, and the onions are browned and slightly translucent, make clear a hole in the middle of your pan by banking your meat and veggies against the sides.
- Add the garlic and allow it to brown.
- Once the garlic is browned, transfer everything to a large roaster or stew pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Allow to simmer on low for 4+ hours. Refrigerate over night for best results, then reheat in roaster or stew pot.
This recipe goes great with Corn Bread!
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!