Easy enchiladas made with shredded quarter chickens. We have made these with both green and red enchilada sauce (and prefer the green!). These freeze very well, I like making a double batch so we have a second meal for the future!
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4-6 adults
- (3-4 cups shredded chicken) 1/4 Chicken
- (1 chopped) Onion
- Olive Oil
- (1 cup) Sour Cream
- (1/2 cup fresh chopped) Parsley
- (1 Large can (or homemade)) Enchilada Sauce
- (3 cups) Shredded cheese
- (10-16) Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large pot cook onions in hot olive oil until translucent.
- Add the shredded chicken to the onion mixture
- Pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in the chicken mixture and stir
- Add sour cream and parsley, stir
- Turn off the heat and add 2 cups of shredded cheese, mix together
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and put a layer of enchilada sauce in the pan
- To fill tortilla - add some sauce, chicken mixture and roll. Place in pan and repeat until out of mixture.
- Top with the rest of the cheese and parsley and then cover with foil
- Cook for 20 minutes, remove foil and cook for 10 minutes more until the sauce is bubbling.