Ground beef doesn't always need to be made into a burger or taco meat. Here's another easy way to season ground beef to have with Quinoa, Rice or put it on the top of Cauliflower. Make it paleo but eliminating the brown sugar and using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 2 adults
- (1 lb) Ground Beef
- (1 Tablespoon) Olive Oil
- (1/4 teaspoon) Ground Ginger
- (3 cloves, minced) Garlic
- (1/4 cup) Soy Sauce (or coconut aminos)
- (1/3 cup) Brown Sugar (optional)
- (1 Tablespoon) Sesame oil
- (1/2 teaspoon) Red Pepper Flakes
- (to taste) Salt and Pepper
- (2, thinly sliced) Green Onions
- Rice, Quinoa or Cauli-rice
- Cook rice, quinoa or other item you will be putting the beef on.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add the ground beef and garlic and brown completely. Drain if desired.
- Mix in ginger with the beef.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to the beef and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Simmer beef mixture until rice is done. Serve on top of rice and garnish with green onions.
*optional* Make a double batch of the sauce and toss with broccoli.