Another perfect meal for tonight + one to freeze for later! This one makes 2 2-quart baking dishes. We usually divide it between 3 pans for 2-3 servings each. Great for leftover chicken or shredded quarters.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 8 adults
- (2-3 cups shredded chicken) 1/4 Chicken
- (6 Tbs) Butter
- (1 lb) Penne
- (1 tsp) Olive Oil
- (1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs) Flour
- (4 minced or 4 tsp) Garlic Cloves
- (6 cups) Milk
- (1 container thinly sliced) Mushrooms
- (1/2 drained and sliced) Sun-Dried tomatoes - oil packed
- (1.5 cups) Shredded Provolone
- (1 cup) Grated Parmesan
- (to taste) Salt & Pepper
1.Preheat oven to 400* and butter two baking dishes.
2. Cook pasta three minutes short of al dente
3. In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter. Add flour and garlic whisking constantly for 1 minute. While whisking gradually add the milk and bring to a simmer. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add the provolone and 1/2 of the Parmesan.
4. Add the chicken and pasta to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture between the two baking dishes and top with the rest of the Parmesan.
5. Cover the dish you're going to freeze with foil and label!
To cook fresh - Bake uncovered at 400* until top is golden and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
To cook from frozen - Bake COVERED on a baking sheet about 1.5 hours. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more until the top is golden.