This hearty recipe is quick, easy, and jam-packed with nutrition. Make it on the stove at home, or adapt it for camping by chucking the whole thing into tin foil packs or a Dutch Oven for cooking on the campfire.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 adults
- (1 pkg) Kielbasa
- (4) Potatoes
- (1) Onion
- (4) Stewing Carrots
- (2 cups) Broccoli florets
- (1 Tbsp) Basil
- (to taste) Salt & Pepper
- Wash and thinly slice carrots and potatoes. Chop onions into medium sized chunks. If broccoli is fresh, chop into medium-small florets; If frozen, measure and set aside.
- Heat skillet with a small amount of oil. We use our leftover bacon grease.
- Once skillet is hot, add all veggies - Note: if broccoli is frozen, wait to add until after the potatoes are tender otherwise the broccoli will fall apart. Stir every once in a while to avoid sticking. Feel free to add a splash of water to steam ingredients.
- While veggies are steaming, slice Kielbasa into thick chunks and set aside.
- Once potatoes and carrots are tender, create a hole in the middle of your skillet and dump in Kielbasa chunks (and broccoli florets if frozen). Heat until slightly browned.
- Serve warm.